Liveries & Operators Directory
In real life, vehicle ownership & usage can change frequently and it can often take time for the current operator's livery to be applied to all vehicles (if at all).
The majority of Ready-To-Run scale model vehicles are reproduced in the colour scheme & branding of the organisation which operated the vehicle.
Categorisation can be a challenging (and often contentious!) topic. Some definitions which help us:
- Owner - an organisation who a vehicle belongs to, and which may be leased to operators
- Operator - an organisation with a fleet of vehicles, which may be owned or leased
- Livery - a colour scheme & branding, often related to the owner or operator of the vehicle
- Start year - the year when a livery was first applied
- End year - the year when a livery ceased being commonly used/applied. Sometimes it would take a period for vehicles to be repainted
Heritage liveries - Anniversaries or nostalgia often inspire operators to paint selected vehicles in colour schemes replicating or inspired by past liveries
A lot of kit models are supplied undecorated.