No. 96 "Normandy" at Eastleigh Works in May 2009. ©KitMasterBloke
Twenty B4s were built by the LSWR at their Nine Elms Works between 1891 and 1893 to a design by William Adams. A further five were designed and built by Dugald Drummond in 1908 and merged into the class. The locomotives were designed for shunting in locations with sharp curvature and places with poor trackwork - such as Southampton Docks. All 25 passed into BR ownership, with all of them being retired by 1959. Two locomotives have made it into preservation and are both currently on static display.
(Information provided via Wikipedia)