At their open event at the start of October, Dapol provided updates on many of their upcoming projects in N & O Gauge.
Below you can see a brief round-up of these projects and find links to pre-order them! Scroll through at your leisure or click the links below to go straight to the product that you're interested in.
Class 50 "Hoover"
Expected: End Q3 2018
Dapol revealed that their Class 50 project has now been re-started! The model is set to advance N gauge standards, with a 5-pole 'next generation' motor with all-wheel drive & pickups, a diecast chassis, optional DCC sound, independently controlled lighting and a highly detailed body with accessory kit.
- 2D-002-000 - D406 in BR blue (un-refurbished)
- 2D-002-001 - 50043 in BR blue (un-refurbished)
- 2D-002-002 - 50040 'Leviathan' in BR Large Logo blue
- 2D-002-003 - 50037 'Illustrious' in Original Network South East livery
Expected: January to March 2018
The N Gauge version of the incredibly popular Class 68 is now ready for production. Seven variations will be available, mirroring the liveries seen in the OO gauge version.
- 2D-022-001 - 68002 'Intrepid' in Direct Rail Services livery
- 2D-022-002 - 68005 'Defiant' in Direct Rail Services livery
- 2D-022-003 - 68010 'Oxford Flyer' in Chiltern Railways livery
- 2D-022-004 - 68014 in Chiltern Railways livery
- 2D-022-005 - 68006 'Daring' in Scotrail livery
- 2D-022-006 - 68007 'Valiant' in Scotrail livery
- 2D-022-007 - 68001 'Evolution' in Direct Rail Services livery
More N gauge Class 121 DMUs are on the way, with four liveries now confirmed. These updated units will featured a slightly re-tooled chassis as well as support for 18-pin decoders. These are still early in the development stage and we'll provide further updates once we receive them from Dapol.
- 2D-009-003 - W55033 in BR green with speed whiskers
- 2D-009-004 - 121032 in Arriva Trains Wales livery
- 2D-009-005 - 977873 in Chiltern Railways 'Route Learner' blue and grey
- 2D-009-006 - 977853 in Railtrack 'Clearing the Way' BR maroon
Expected: Q1/ Q2 2018
Dapol are producing five new versions of their N Gauge Autocoach. The tooling remains the same but these are completely new liveries that haven't been seen before. The coaches will feature a detailed moulded body and chassis, finely applied decorations, NEM couplings and separately applied wire handrails.
- 2P-004-009 - 188 in GWR chocolate and cream with Twin Cities crest
- 2P-004-010 - 196 in GWR chocolate and cream with shirtbutton emblem
- 2P-004-011 - 190 in GWR chocolate and cream with post-war crest
- 2P-004-012 - W189W in BR crimson and cream
- 2P-004-013 - W194W in BR maroon
B Set Coaches
Expected: Q1/ Q2 2018
Alongside the new autocoaches, Dapol are producing six new versions of their B Set Coaches. These are avaialble in coach packs, including two models in one box. They will feature a detailed moulded body and chassis, finely applied decorations and NEM couplings.
- 2P-003-006 - 6411 & 6412 in GWR chocolate and cream with Twin Cities crest
- 2P-003-007 - 6451 & 6452 in GWR chocolate and cream with shirtbutton emblem
- 2P-003-008 - 6453 & 6454 in GWR chocolate and cream with Twin Cities crest
- 2P-003-009 - 6453 & 6454 in GWR chocolate and cream with post-war crest
- 2P-003-010 - W6975W & W6976W in BR crimson
- 2P-003-011 - W6975W & W6976W in BR maroon
Dapol showcased the near final CADs for the N Gauge HIA wagons. There are some final tweaks to be made before these go into tooling. We will provide further updates once more details have been provided.
- 2F-026-001 - 369008 in Freightliner Heavy Haul Hopper green
- 2F-026-002 - 369052 in Freightliner Heavy Haul Hopper green
- 2F-026-003 - 369027 in Freightliner Heavy Haul Hopper white
- 2F-026-004 - 369044 in Freightliner Heavy Haul Hopper green
Also showcased were late-stage CADs for the N Gauge MJA wagons. As with the HIAs, there are some final tweaks to be made and then these will be processing into the tooling stage. These will be available as a twin pack in one box. We'll provide further information once we receive it.
- 2F-025-001 - 502003 & 004 in Freightliner Heavy Haul livery
- 2F-025-002 - 502017 & 018 in Freightliner Heavy Haul livery
- 2F-025-003 - 502021 & 022 in Freightliner Heavy Haul livery
- 2F-025-004 - 502045 & 046 in Freightliner Heavy Haul livery
Class 14xx/ 48xx/ 58xx
Expected: July to September 2018
Dapol very recently announced that they are to produce an O Gauge GWR Class 14xx/48xx/58xx. Near-final CADs of the O Gauge 14xx have been displayed. There are some minor tweaks to be made and then these will progress into tooling. Several variations will be available with optional DCC and DCC Sound fitting options.
- 7S-006-001 - 48xx 4800 in GWR green with Great Western lettering
- 7S-006-002 - 48xx 4871 in GWR unlined green with shirtbutton logo
- 7S-006-020 - 14xx 1432 in GWR unlined green with G W R lettering
- 7S-006-021 - 14xx 1405 in BR black with early emblem
- 7S-006-022 - 14xx 1444 in BR lined green with early emblem
- 7S-006-023 - 14xx 1426 in BR lined green with late crest
- 7S-006-050 - 58xx 5811 in GWR green with Great Western lettering
- 7S-006-051 - 58xx 5809 in GWR green with shirtbutton logo
- 7S-006-052 - 58xx 5819 in BR black with early emblem
Expected: Q1 2018
Dapol's eagerly awaited 57xx are fully tooled and have now reached the decorated sample stage. These are on track for release next year. There are a number of varieties available, with unnumbered variants and DCC/ DCC Sound fitting as an option.
- 7S-007-001 - 57xx 5717 in BR black with early emblem
- 7S-007-002 - 57xx 5700 in Great Western green
- 7S-007-003 - 57xx 9659 in GWR green
- 7S-007-004 - 57xx L94 in London Transport maroon
- 7S-007-005 - 8750 3716 in BR black with late crest
- 7S-007-006 - 57xx L92 in London Transport maroon
A selection of the brand new Jinty 3F locomotives have arrived at Hatton's! These locos offer a grenty entry in O gauge modelling and are suitable for a good range of layouts. Unnumbered variants and DCC/ DCC Sound fitting is optional.
- 7S-026-001 - 16564 in early LMS black
- 7S-026-002 - 16554 in late LMS black
- 7S-026-003 - 23 in S&DJR prussian blue
- 7S-026-004 - 47673 in BR black with late crest
- 7S-026-005 - 47501 in BR black with 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' lettering
- 7S-026-007 - 7480 in LMS black (push/ pull fitted)
14t Tank Wagons
Expected: End of Q2 2018
Dapol are producing another batch of their highly popular 14t Tank Wagons. As with the previous versions, these will feature an extremely detailed body and chassis, many separately added fine detailing, sprung metal buffers, sprung axles and more. Limited stocks of the original batch are still available to purchase too.
- 7F-058-006 - Type A "Ronuk" 38
- 7F-058-007 - Type A "Berry Wiggins" 118
- 7F-058-008 - Type A "National Benzole" 730
- 7F-058-009 - Type A "Air Ministry" 240
- 7F-058-010 - Type A "Shell BP" Dove grey A5068
- 7F-059-006 - Type B "Shell Electrical Oils" 2442
- 7F-059-007 - Type B "Lobitos" 118
- 7F-059-008 - Type B "Shell Lubricating Oil" 1793
- 7F-059-009 - Type B "Berry Wiggins" black 103
- 7F-059-010 - Type B "Esso" black 1854
9ft Chassis Wagons
Expected: Q1 to Q2 2018
As part of an expansion of its UK based manufacturing capabilities, Dapol is to produce a range of new O Gauge 9ft Chassis vehicles at its base in North Wales. A lime van, salt van, 5-plank open coal wagon and two types of 7-plank open coal wagon will be available. The tooling is currently being produced and main production will begin next year. The models are expected to be of high specification, with all of them featuring a diecast chassis, injection moulding, sprung metal buffers, sprung couplings and many other features.
- 7F-017-001 - H. Le Neve Foster
- 7F-017-002 - Steetley Co. Llynclys
- 7F-018-001 - Chance & Hunt Oldbury 333
- 7F-018-002 - Stubbs & Co. 37
- 7F-052-001 - S. Brookman 30
- 7F-052-002 - Richard Webster & Sons 102
Two Door 7-Plank Wagon:
- 7F-072-001 - George & Matthews 5
- 7F-072-002 - Lidney Coal Co. 9
Three Door 7-Plank Wagon:
- 7F-073-001 - Diamond 1130
- 7F-073-002 - Elders 466
SR Pill Box Brake Vans
Expected: Mid 2018
The first engineering prototypes of the upcoming SR Pill Box brake vans were on display. These feature some revised tooling and decorated samples are set to follow shortly.
- 7F-100-005 - 55585 in Southern Railway brown and red with large letters
- 7F-100-006 - 55526 in Southern Railway brown and red with small letters
- 7F-100-007 - S56260 in BR grey
- 7F-100-008 - S56061 in BR bauxite
- 7F-100-100 - 56365 in Southern Railway brown and red with small letters
- 7F-100-101 - S56371 in Southern Railway brown and red with small letters
- 7F-100-102 - S56352 in BR grey
BR 20t Brake Vans
Expected: Q1 2018
Dapol also showed off an image of their upcoming BR Brake Van. This is fully tooled and the first EP is expected very soon.
- 7F-200-001 - CAO B951771 in BR grey
- 7F-200-002 - B952182 in BR grey
- 7F-200-003 - B953095 in BR grey
- 7F-200-004 - CAP B951224 in BR bauxite
- 7F-200-005 - B952042 in BR bauxite
- 7F-200-006 - B952978 in BR bauxite
- 7F-200-007 - Unnumbered in BR grey
- 7F-200-008 - Unnumbered in BR bauxite
Expected: Late 2017
The final update we have received is for the O Gauge HAA MGR Coal Hopper wagons, which are in production now. The first EP was showcased recently and these are due to be delivered between now and the end of the year.
- 7F-048-001 - 358363 in Railfreight livery with flame red cradle
- 7F-048-002 - 355799 in Railfreight livery with brown cradle
- 7F-048-003 - 356202 in Railfreight Coal Sector livery with yellow cradle