First sent to traffic in April 1940, 'City of Edinburgh' was outshopped in the familiar Crimson Lake of the LMS. However in 1945 this striking colour gave way to the austere livery of wartime black. The model is representative of 6241 as it was in 1945 and is powered by a pole motor located in the engine part of the locomotive. This new bodied locomotive includes many detail parts separately fitted during manufacture as well as addition parts to be attached by the modeller. Includes alternative front bogie as R2205.