(C) Indicates this product is guaranteed to have a limited edition certificate.
Based in Beeston, the Barton Bros Compnay was formed in 1908 by the late Mr T H Barton OBE, providing a service between Long Eaton, Chilwell, Beeston and Nottingham. From small beginnings, Barton Transport in the 1950's operated some 280 buses and coaches and employed 1000 people. Apart from the daily services in the Midlands, during the summer months Express Services were operated to Glasgow, Clacton, North Wales and the West Country. 'Land Cruises' started in 1934 and two years later a 'Continental Land Cruise' series of tours started. In postwar years the vehicles used on these services included Burlingham bodied Leyland Royal Tiger coaches. Today, the Barton name lives on in the Derby Based Wellgrade group of companies.