This item has a limited edition certificate included.
In 1932 there suddenly appeared on the London streets a revolutionary new design with a full front and seats in position where orthodox passenger vehicles had engines. An entirely new design of chasis was evolved by AEC at Southall, with the engine positioned on the offside frame member behind the front axle. After the success of the single deck Q with L.G.O.C. and provincial operators, the L.P.T.B. ordered 102 4Q4 type for the Country Area bus work which entered service throughout 1935. Although far ahead of its time, the Q Type was only in production for 4 years but it paved the way for the underfloor engined type so much in evidence today.
Q43, BXD 564 is featured in wartime livery with 32 periphery seating which allowed for 20 standing passengers. This bus entered service in September 1935 and was allocated to Leatherhead Garage. It remained with the L.P.T.B. until May 1953.