Fleet No: Q6 Route No: 218
In 1932 there suddenly appeared on the London streets a revolutionary new design with a full front and seats in position where orthodox passenger vehicles had engines. An entirely new design of chassis was evolved by AEC at Southall, with the engine positioned on the offside frame member behind the front axle. After the success of the single deck Q with L.G.O.C. and provincial operators, the L.P.T.B. ordered 102 4Q4 type for the Country Area bus work which entered service throughout 1935. Although far ahead of its time, the Q Type was only in production for 4 years but it paved the way for the underfloor engined type so much in evidence today.
BXD 528, Q7 is featured in original prewar Country area livery with 37 seat bodywork by the Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Company. It was allocated to Watford Garage and remained with L.P.T.B. until August 1953.