The London and South Western Railway T9 class was a class of 66 4-4-0 steam locomotive designed for express passenger work by Dugald Drummond and introduced to services on the LSWR in 1899. One example has been preserved after British Railways ownership. Intended for express passenger work in South-West England, 66 were eventually built and saw several improvements throughout their service careers. The classes operated until 1961 when all were withdrawn, and only a solitary example, 30120 has happily been saved from the cutter's torch. It can be seen on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway. Withdrawn from Exmouth Junction shed, Exeter in 1961 it was repaired at Eastleigh Works and returned to service in LSWR green for special trains in 1962. It was again overhauled in the early 1980s on the Mid Hants Railway and returned to steam. Currently, the engine resides on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, awaiting overhaul and major boiler repairs that have prevented its use for several years.
Traction tyres will be fitted to the 2 front driving wheels. This is because the model is too small to fit any weight into the actual body.
The model features electric pick-ups on front bogie, tender and rear-driving wheels.