The first four A4's built were originally liveried in LNER silver with part of their name making reference to the colour. 'Silver Fox' was the last of the four and was outshoipped in December 1935. This loco was reveried several times through its working life but was finally painted BR green in december 1951. However, it still retained the same 'Silver Fox', plus the two leaping fox plates, each one being attached either side of the loco body. A ringfield motor located in the tender powers the Hornby model, with pickups on all loco and tender drive wheels.